The discovery of bed bugs is never a welcome one. You go from simply suspecting that you’re being bitten to knowing you are, and that simple shift in knowledge can make you want to be anywhere else but your home or business. How can you rest easy knowing there are tiny bugs waiting for any opportunity to bite you?
Worse, you worry about the expense and spectacle that can be getting your home or business treated. So, do you have any other options? Is killing bed bugs yourself possible? Read on to find out!
Can you kill bed bugs yourself?
Yes - but don’t go running off to Pinterest to look up home solutions; vinegar or lemon juice won’t do anything to help you here. If you’re going to tackle bed bugs effectively on your own, you’re going to need professional-grade equipment. We recommend heat treatments as the most effective method that is the least disruptive to your daily life or business. Unlike other extermination methods, heat treatments can eradicate all pests in your home in just one treatment.
What are heat treatments and how do they work?
Heat treatments are the most effective form of bed bug treatment for a few reasons:
- They treat an entire area in one go - no need for someone to specifically identify where the bed bugs are to treat them.
- They can kill bed bugs in hiding - no matter how deep they’re hiding in a mattress, the heat of a heat treatment will reach and kill them.
- They kill all life stages - eggs, nymphs, and adults quickly succumb to heat treatments.
- Non-toxic approach - chemical treatments leave toxic chemicals all over your home or business.
- Minimal disruption to your daily life or business - a heat treatment can be completed in less than 24 hours, and you can treat one room at a time discreetly, meaning you don’t have to rent somewhere else to live for a week or close your business for the treatment.
Bedbug heat treatments work by increasing the ambient temperature of a space to more than 130F, at which point bed bugs at all life stages start to die. After a few hours of prolonged exposure to high heat, all bed bugs (and any other pests) in your home will die, leaving your home pest-free.
Your DIY Bed Bug Treatment Options
Large American cities are a busy place - an environment bed bugs thrive in. If you’ve picked up bed bugs don’t worry! It’s very common, and while they’re certainly no fun, they are easy to eradicate with a heat treatment. If you want to treat your home or business for bed bugs yourself, you have a couple of options:
- Rent a Heat Treatment Package
The first option is a good option if you think the current infestation is likely to be a one-off occurrence or isn’t likely to reoccur in the near future. Renting a heat treatment package gives you all the benefits of doing the treatment yourself while giving you access to professional-grade equipment that will fully eradicate the infestation, provided you follow our instructions correctly!
- Buy a Heat Treatment Package
If you are in an environment where you are likely to catch bed bugs often, such as working at a hotel, then buying a heat treatment package is a decision that will allow you to treat your home or business whenever necessary, either reactively or routinely to prevent an infestation. We offer a range of treatment packages to suit individuals and businesses of every size.
Defend Yourself Against Bed Bugs
Bed bugs are a problem you need to deal with quickly since they only get worse over time. Fortunately, we’ve got a wide range of bed bug solutions to ensure your home or business becomes–and stays–bed bug-free. To explore our DIY heat treatment package rental units, click here, or click here to shop our range of products.
If you decide DIY isn’t for you, we’ve also got a network of professionals around the country ready to help you immediately. To find a professional, click here.